Monday, May 4, 2009

My New Blog

Okay, so I was an avid blogger over on MySpace forever, but now I hardly use it for two reasons: (1) everyone and their mother migrated over to Facebook, so after a two-year tantrum where I wept at the visual cacophany of their platform and signed out immediately after signing in, I gave it a real go and (big shocker here) got as addicted as anyone. (2) I own my own business blogging under a pseudonym (if you're interested in the less politically correct details of my life, then facebook me and if I decide you are awesome enough, I'll shoot you the URL).

So now that I'm on Facebook I find myself wanting to do a family- and friends-friendly blog again, and since Facebook doesn't have its own blog feature (probably because it caters to the ADD among us and doesn't anticipate anyone typing more than 100 words at a time) I was told this is the platform to use. BONUS: My dad and sister (and other family members who are interested) can read it even if they don't have Facebook accounts.

So what's going on in my life lately? Life is good. My sweetie C and I are going to celebrate our three-year anniversary next week. We just moved to Tempe so my commute went from an hour to about 15 minutes. We have two cats (our sweet, sweet Hailey passed away in February after her four-year battle with diabetes) and a dog. We are trying to resist the urge to accumulate more pets because we are hoping to move out of AZ in the next 2-3 years. I graduate with my PhD (after 6 years!) next week as well. C and I both have good jobs - awesome in this economy. I have tickets to see Obama speak at ASU's commencement.

For those of you who knew me when I was younger (or don't know me very well at all) here are some salient - and potentially controversial - facts about C and I that you should know before getting too deep into the blog:
  1. We are atheists.
  2. We are vegetarians.
  3. We do not want children.
  4. We are crazy liberals.
  5. We own thousands of books. Literally. Thousands.
So that's us! And while I totally get that there are people out there who don't feel the way I do (for example, my entire family), I am not interested in debating these issues or converting anyone. Statistically speaking, we are lucky to have found each other since such a small segment of the population agrees with us on even one of these issues, let alone all 5, that all I want is to be grateful that I have found him and celebrate our life here.

I can't wait to post more!

No comments:

Post a Comment