Wednesday, June 30, 2010

C+G Wedding Wednesdays: Save the Date

So, on our four year anniversary (where we ate at the astoundingly delicious Roaring Fork) I was talking to C about how I didn't know what size ring I wore, and that it would be absolutely horrible to get a beautiful engagement ring that I never wore.

Since we were right by Scottsdale Fashion Square, we jetted over there after our dinner and tried some rings on! Or, more precisely, it turns out I am the most common size (6) and could therefore try on practically every ring in the store. Awesome!

After that day, we looked at a bunch of rings online so that he could get an idea of exactly what I was looking for - I have no idea when the proposal's coming but I'm excited! We've set the date:

May 12, 2012 - the six year anniversary of the day we met (it's a Saturday).

We've also been looking at locations online and hope to choose one and put a deposit down this summer. The frontrunners are.
Feedback? Suggestions? I am thinking that we should go for hors d'oeuvres and an open bar rather than a buffet or a sit down dinner, but we'll see what the vendors say.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the open bar...you know just saying. LOL! Whatever you do I am sure it will be amazing and like I said, you will be carrying a giant inflatable anatomy part around at some point within the next two years...get ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mortified already, Lexi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time we talked rings (years ago), you liked the emerald cut. i do too.
    Wild Horse Pass is really nice. I stayed there once and it was a beautiful place. Having it at the museum sounds really nice too. Something different.
    And yea, depending on the time, you could totally do appys and open bar. Bread and cheese! And a keg! (or maybe that's not what you were thinking..) :)
    Can't wait for the engagement!!! I still remember hearing about C for the first time. I just knew it would happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Botanical Gardens are beautiful, but I'm voting for any place that can cater to vegans--and do it well. Because, you know, it's all about me.

    ReplyDelete