Friday, June 25, 2010

Giving This Blog Some Structure

So, as some of you may or may not know, for the last two and a half years or so I have been blogging under a pseudonym. Why a pseudonym, you ask? Well, it's because a) I started a business with a friend, and if I failed completely I didn't want it to be totally obvious to everyone, and b) it was a very explicit blog about dating and relationships, and I figured that most of you didn't want to know that much about my personal life. However, I'm moving on from that endeavor for a variety of reasons that I am sure I will mention briefly at some point, and for another variety of reasons, I am going to be giving a lot more attention to this blog.

Namely, that C and I have set the date (more about this very shortly) and I figured that if I was going to be blogging about our relationship, I was probably going to want to do it under my own name and make sure that my family and friends had access to the blog! So here I am. However, I have also found myself wanting to blog about more than just my relationship with C - not that he's not wonderful, but I do think about other things every once in awhile :-)

So I thought I might divide the weekdays up into the categories I am likely to blog about and give that a try for a bit. Not promising that this is how things will be for infinity, but we'll see how I like it and modify from there. Here's what I am thinking:

Childhood Memory Mondays - I have often wanted to write about some of my favorite memories and traditions from childhood, as well as some of the things that I went through when taking care of my mother.

Television Tuesdays - I watch practically everything under the sun, and am very excited about snarkily judging reality tv contestants as well as providing insightful commentary about some of the dramas I enjoy.

C+G: Wedding Wednesdays - I'll keep you updated on all of our planning, as well as talk about relationship issues and things we've done together recently. Followers of my previous blog should enjoy!

Politics & Current Events Thursday - What I think of what's going on in the world. Full disclosure: I am so liberal it's almost unbelievable. I find that the older I get, the more extreme left I become. Socialize everything, huzzah!

Books + Blogs Friday - What I most enjoyed reading on the web each week, as well as any recommendations for heavier reading (if by heavier you mean fantasy novels over 500 pages long).

I may post more than once a day with something off-topic if I feel so moved, and may post sometimes on the weekends, though mostly I enjoy spending those with my Sweetie C, so no guarantees.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of writing. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see how it goes. Of course I realized that I don't have a category for vegetarianism and food, or one for animals, or one for personal finance - so we'll see what I enjoy writing about the most!

    ReplyDelete