Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Television Tuesday: SYTYCD

This will be a quick one since I haven't seen this week's Bachelorette and that's pretty much the only thing (aside from Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and Tosh.O) that I care about - just an observation.

I am bored of SYTYCD. Perhaps it is because they changed the format. Perhaps it is because I missed the tryouts and only caught it starting with the episode where they listed the top 10. Perhaps it is because the show has been on over 5 years and they had 2 seasons last year instead of 1.

Whatever it is, I have 4 episodes saved up on the DVR and can't be bothered to watch any of them. I am hoping to have this Friday off, perhaps I can get back in the groove then...

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about this season myself. I lost interest last season, but I've gotten back into it again--due to the new format, I think.

    I'm not sure this waning of interest has anything to do with the shows though. Personally, I tend to lose interest with all of them--except Top Chef--and can barely manage to make myself read the recaps. Top Model I gave up on seasons ago. Real World I check in with sporadically. Perhaps the genre is showing its age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to figure it out too, G and D. I used to love the show, and in many ways I still do, but I can't get excited about it these days. I think the back-to-back summer/fall seasons burned me out. I've also been a bit underwhelmed by some of the dancers/choreography. I dunno.

    The idea of it showing its age is interesting. I do find myself rolling my eyes at the genre conventions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even my old standbys of Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen are starting to wear on me (though I still love Kitchen Nightmares). I, too, stopped watching Top Model and American Idol a couple of years ago.

    Though I am STOKED about ABC's new series Bachelor Pad (will debut in August).

    ReplyDelete